Thread: Recovered from a sprained ankle

Default Recovered from a sprained ankle

I rolled my ankle skating really bad on dec 1st doing an ollie over 7 decks. i tried to skate it 2 weeks into healing but then i noticed pain in my knee. too 2 more weeks to heal and the knee is fine and ankle is fine. but now theres like a popping sound where i sprained my ankle and popping a little below my knee cap and above my shin every time i point my foot (pointing it downward). i sprained my ankles before but this is the first time thats ever happened. Anybody else experiencing something like this? let me know.

thank you =]
    Last edited by Ivyn T of KDG; 01-05-2009 at 04:26 AM. Reason: error

Kill your brain

Quote Originally Posted by Ivyn T of KDG View Post
    I rolled my ankle skating really bad on dec 1st doing an ollie over 7 decks. i tried to skate it 2 weeks into healing but then i noticed pain in my knee. too 2 more weeks to heal and the knee is fine and ankle is fine. but now theres like a popping sound where i sprained my ankle a little below my knee cap and above my shin every time i point my foot (pointing it downward). i sprained my ankles before but this is the first time thats ever happened. Anybody else experiencing something like this? let me know.

thank you =]
    How do you sprain your ankle above the shin?

My bad I corrected it. It pops where i sprained my ankle, and it pops in between my kneecap and shin at the same time when i point my foot downward

eh. joints man. everytime i bend my knees they pop. if it starts hurting give your doc a call
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]finally got a signature. wooooo
    [SIZE="5"]tricks for 2009[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]
    switch flip
    nollie flip
    nollie fs shuv it
    hospital flip
    inward heelflips[/SIZE]

its proberly growing or this will sound weird but there could be air trapped in the joint so it makes this sound

thats what was on a site i saw.
    Tennis for Life
    Hippie for life
    Skating for life

LIVING FOR LIFE

peace love and happiness

yeah man, i hate injuries, im just really paranoid about the knee because thats one of our most important and most complex joints. I hear if you mess that up its all over. It doesnt hurt, although, it used to only when I bent. It stopped though. Some people called it "Jumpers knee" but like i said im just being paranoid =]

I have knees that pop alot.
    I sprained my ankle severely. I severed most of my tendons and ligaments, and it swelled so bad, the doctor couldn't feel my bone. Luckily, it was my right foot, so I can still skate, I just don't do much switch/nollie tricks.

Your cartilage does that after it heals. It happened to me, except for when I rolled it. You could just be getting very tense when you point it down, causing your muscles and other tissue to press hard on your cartilage. Other than that, you should be fine. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm sure it's not what you'd want.
    =D
    I understand your paranoia. It happens to the best of us. We don't want premature skating (before it fully heals) to ruin our whole careers, do we? No. Also, just try and pay a visit to your doctor, or someone you know who's medically certified (i.e. nurse, physicians assistant). Whether it's serious or not, only you can really determine.

Quote Originally Posted by MattxLustt View Post
    I have knees that pop alot.
    I sprained my ankle severely. I severed most of my tendons and ligaments, and it swelled so bad, the doctor couldn't feel my bone. Luckily, it was my right foot, so I can still skate, I just don't do much switch/nollie tricks.

Your cartilage does that after it heals. It happened to me, except for when I rolled it. You could just be getting very tense when you point it down, causing your muscles and other tissue to press hard on your cartilage. Other than that, you should be fine. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm sure it's not what you'd want.
    =D
    I understand your paranoia. It happens to the best of us. We don't want premature skating (before it fully heals) to ruin our whole careers, do we? No. Also, just try and pay a visit to your doctor, or someone you know who's medically certified (i.e. nurse, physicians assistant). Whether it's serious or not, only you can really determine.
    yeah im just pretty much paranoid because i want to keep skating haha. I mean, I've been doing it for so long I already picture myself doing it when Im an old man (old being about in the 30's early 40's) in my back yard haha. I hope thats it. I would go to a doctor but times are looking really tough, no job, parents of of a job because of the failing economy and our health insurance just expired a month ago before I sprained my ankle and noticed my knee, so I cant really get a professionals point of view which really sucks. I just have to hope and drink plenty of milk haha.