Thread: Skating results in sore back - Anyone else get this?

Question Skating results in sore back - Anyone else get this?

Just wondering if anyone here has gotten a sore back (lower back in peticular), due to skateboarding?

I generally skate atleast 15 minutes a do bare minimum and about 45 minutes on average - but I have been getting a real sore back after about 20 minutes into skating.

Generally this pain is most inconvenient when I bend down whilst on the board - While ollieing for example.

Supposedly according to my friend who skates also, you get over this?

It's been like this for about 3 weeks now

nope, but it could be from bad posture and/or that you are using muscles that not normally used as often... so you may be building you strength.

how long have you been skating?

Well I have been skating for about 3 to 4 months now. I think it may be what your saying.

Happened to me when I started skating. I guess it was because I wasn't used to moving certain muscles that way. You should get over it, if you don't start to feel better in a couple weeks, go to a doctor, make sure everythings ok.
    r.i.p.
    JesusHadHerpes

Quote Originally Posted by ISkateZero View Post
    Pressure flips wouldnt be allowed because this isn't HGOS (Homosexual Game Of Skate).

Yes I think what your saying is quite right - It's because I am using muscles that I haven't used much before. Still I have been constantly trying to heelflip and ollie very high which puts extra strain thus not helping this pain.

man i'm sore all the time and i've been sk8ing 4 4-5 years but i think mine is just because i fall a lot and when i sk8 i sk8 super hard but i think that you may be bending over too much try to stay more upright and as said above you may just be using musceles that you haven't used before too.

Dude, I totally get it. Even now, after 6 months, I still get it at random times. It might be my problem really, but yeah, if I try big stuff, and fail, I get it. Happened 2 times recently. -

It really sucks but after a night's sleep it gets better and I go back and try it again and get it

Yea I get it occasionaly. Try lots of stretches beforehand.

i had that when i first started skating, it eventually went away though after time. i think it just goes away. but if it doesn't i guess you could try stretches or something before you skate..

Hellz yeah i get that alot when i go skating and expecally when i practice fakie 360 flips for an hour. But the my sore back problem only lasts for one day, which is good. But the sore back is actually from bending down to do a ollie,kick flip,heel flip, ect.

Like one day i fell on the ground back first and i had to go inside for 3 days with out skating because due to the soreness from my back, but the thing that really helped me was my dads heating pad, which is freakin PIMP!
    So what im trying to say is that when your back feels like David Hasallholf ran you over with his iced out car go and buy a heating pad from Walmart and then the next day you will feel great and ready to skate!

My back hurts on occasion, but my heels always hurt! I have to limp have the time after skating.

I don't get back pain from skating (unless I get road rash on it.. ), but I have noticed if I don't stretch my legs out good before I skate; then my pushing leg and foot gets a wicked cramp about an hour into it every time.
    ~ Blacktop Burners ~

I get that if i am in my basement, when it's raining and i bend over and try a trick a ton of times in a row really fast.

happend to me about 2 weeks ago but i think i hit my back on a wall lol

Quote Originally Posted by goldfishboot View Post
    there was really nothing to do but keep playing runescape

forever

until i die

I think stretching is probably going to help me here - I never stretch before and that could be the problem. I'll give ti a shot and see if it helps

I usually do have to limp back in sometimes aswell.

Also, a good nights sleep does seem to work

Hot pack also seems to work aswell.

Thanks guys!

i really dont want to sound like the typical person here when people make probelm threads, but the other day i jumped (no board) down about 12 stairs in the stairwell and my back hurt a bit after. prolly just thin soles and impact at work.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogSkater View Post
    jesus was a noob once too

My back got sore when i was starting out too. Just keep your back straighter and bend your knees more and that will solve your problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i really dont want to sound like the typical person here when people make probelm threads, but the other day i jumped (no board) down about 12 stairs in the stairwell and my back hurt a bit after. prolly just thin soles and impact at work.
    Dude, I am not complaining - I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue. If you don't like the threads people post then don't give back unwanted or negative feedback. I am sorry if I misinterpreted what you said - But to me I understand your complaining how you jumped a 12 set and it hrut a bit but you didn't complain.

My back got sore when i was starting out too. Just keep your back straighter and bend your knees more and that will solve your problem.
    Actually yes I think I tend to lean sometimes - I'll see if this works.

Also, what sort of stretches do you guys recommend?